Monday 12 February 2024

Mefiti is Not Well. Cat Abscess

My poor little girl is not well: she has a very large abscess under her jaw. The cat bit her and the wound became inflamed. I noticed that she behaved badly when the abscess was already the size of an egg. In a few days, the 8-kg cat has become like a feather: 5 kg. At the beginning of the week I was so happy after weighing her - and suddenly such a drastic change!


The worst part of these sad events is that they usually happen, at least in my house, on Saturday evening. When everything is already closed or is about to close. Unfortunately for me, I don't have any medicine at home to survive until Monday. And the pharmacies close in an hour. 

Luckily I have a friend who is a pharmacist. But she's too far away, in a little village up in the mountains. At this point, I've already lost my mind, I call her and ask her to wait until I come and prepare an antibiotic for me just to survive until Monday. 

Imagine that I, who normally don't leave the house when it's dark because I prefer not to drive at night, run there, driving an hour along the mountain roads where not all Formula 1 drivers would be able to hold on, and then even back to buy a medicine for a cat...

Unfortunately, the sad part didn't end there. Monday morning I called our really good vet, but he has an operation and can't answer. At this point, I took her to a vet I had already thought about before. Because my vet is a little complicated I was thinking of changing him and so I knew about this other.

Luckily she accepted us and when we arrived, she cleaned the wound (the abscess had opened). And nothing. That's all. 

I didn't say anything because I believed that a vet knew what she was doing. But in the evening the cat feels sick. Nothing to do, I call our vet and this time I go to him urgently immediately.

Abscess is very dangerous. A cat can die immediately. And already the first vet had to give her an antibiotic... Fortunately, our vet, although a bit complicated as a person, is very experienced. 

Today my beautiful kitten is fine. The wound is almost healed, there is no more fever. Although she is still a little sad, she eats and walks. 

I am happy.
 


No comments:

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog