Tuesday 15 December 2009

The Modern Fable About Golden Fish


A poor old Fisher catches a Golden Fish.
-Let me go, asks the Fish. If you do it, I'll fulfil 3 of your wishes. The old man releases the fish but the fulfiled wishes do not make him happy. And he turns to live as poor as he was.

This is a fable written by Russian poet A.S.Pushkin in XIX century.

And here is the modern fable:

-It's a great fortune you fished me out from this sewage, says the Fish. Pls, fulfil you ONLY ONE my wish!!! Take me to a clean pond or kill me. I can't live and die slowly in this ocean!

2 comments:

footiam said...

Nice story ! JBut why are the boys doing in the water>

Liudmila said...

If I understood right from the source post, this is the condition of water in the place where they live.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog