Sunday 17 March 2024

Our New Maine Coon Cat Travels In Train To Join Our Family

Without little ones at home, life becomes too sad. It's hard to get them through, but with their joy of living, they bring light into life. Even if there are only small animals in the house. It doesn't matter -- they still have that liveliness and energy. Maybe this is also why I decided I needed to get a new kitten.


Take a kitten into the cattery

I reserved the kitten when he was one month old. I went to see it to make sure it's how I want it. Because I wanted a red cat with white. And as I discovered, it's not so easy to find exactly this color. 

Italian law dictates that the kitten must leave its mother at three months of age. During this period he must have two vaccinations and be dewormed. Last year's news was that kittens from breeders must also have a microchip. 

And since they invented a rule but didn't invent how it should work correctly, this issue of microchipping is a serious problem: the breeder is forced to register all the kittens in his name and then, once the kitten is sold, it must be done the passing of microchips from one owner to another. But it's such a complicated thing that you curse them all. 


How to travel with a Maine Coon cat by train

Today I went to pick up my kitten. It's amazing how calm he is. Yes, all Maine Coon kittens are calm, they tolerate travel well. But this one was not afraid of trains. Usually, every cat gets scared when they hear train noises. But not this one. It's the first time I've seen such a courageous kitten. 

You can take cats on the train for free in Italy if they are in a carrier. But they prefer to stay on my knees while we travel. It is very convenient to use a harness and leash. The kitten is not closed, that is, he has less stress as far as possible, and during the journey, he begins to get used to my smell. So when he arrives home I am already a friend in the completely hostile world, a reference point.

How to introduce a kitten in a cat family

When we got home, my cats pretended they didn't notice. He walked around his room, looked at the toys, and went to sleep. I think tomorrow he will start asking to leave the room and be with me.

Obviously, I'm very careful about cats. The kitten is small and they should accept it without any problems. But it is always better to keep him a little separated until he starts to feel comfortable and the cats get used to his presence.





No comments:

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog