Saturday 2 March 2024

Philipp, Maine Coon Cat Without Psycological Problems

 Filippo is a young cat who spent the first two years of his life in a cage. They rented him to breeders as a breeding stock. He arrived in my house as a fur ball that weighed only 5 kilos. This is the weight of a two-year-old female, not a male. He was so mistreated that he didn't know that it was possible to play, he didn't know how to express his feelings. It made me cry when I watched him.


At first, I didn't know what to do with him. His fur was terrible: just lumps. I was thinking of taking him to the groomer to shave him. But the groomer was not working in that period. Maybe on vacation. Then I slowly started combing him, tearing out all that dead hair.

Within a week or two he had become more relaxed. Now it was time to bring him back. I don't like cats unless they're red. But this poor creature who had now become alive... It was so painful to think that he had to go back to the cage... And I decided to leave him with us.


It's been almost two years that he has lived with us. With good food, vitamins, and love the kitten grew. Now he already weighs almost 8 kilos. Not much for a Maine Coon, but for him, it's a great success. He also became large in size. Not as big as Timur was, but you can tell by now that this is a male Maine Coon cat. 

His hair is very soft and even today he believes that the hairstyle is his privilege and is the sign of my love for him. If he hears that another cat is combing, he will immediately come and demand to be combed himself.


The photos show you a naughty boy who at almost 4 years old behaves like a tiny kitten. If I do it right now that I have to get a new boy, I should give Filippo to someone. But knowing what his life was like and how happy he is now, I don't have the strength to even think about cheating on him.

Let's take it one step at a time. I'll think about it when the time comes.




No comments:

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog