Saturday 11 April 2009

About Ugly Duckling

Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling Fable read with my photos and some comments...

Once upon a time down on an old farm, lived a duck family, ... and many many duck families too. And for this reason there were many-many-many little ducklings

and not only ducklings but chickens too

and not only chickens but many many beautiful goslings


"I can't understand how this ugly duckling can be one of mine!" she said to herself, shaking her head as she looked at her last born. Well, the gray duckling certainly wasn't pretty, and since he ate far more than his brothers, he was outgrowing them.

One day at sunrise, he saw a flight of beautiful birds wing overhead. White, with long slender necks, yellow beaks and large wings, they were migrating south.

The flight of swans winged north again and glided on to the pond. When the duckling saw them, he realized he was one of their kind, and soon made friends.


Восторг
«Восторг» на Яндекс.Фотках

6 comments:

footiam said...

The ducklings are all so cute! No ugly duckling here at all!

Liudmila said...

I love them all too and when I see them I want to take all them home...

Babs-beetle said...

Oh they are all so cute :O)

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Just love the little baby chicks and ducklings. I don't think there is any such thing as an ugly duckling!

Liudmila said...

Ugly no -mistreated...

Liudmila said...

Babs, They are so incredibly sweet, all them, I like so much to take them in hands... I really would take them all home. But I'm sad to see them too because most of them are destinated to die in the next days. Persons buy them to play but do not know how to treat them... The same as the red fishes in the shops.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog