Tuesday 7 April 2009

So Many Beautiful Ducks!

I hope you will enjoy these different types of ducks.
Normally we imagine the ducks so as we learned about them in our childhood. More or less. But there are so many colors and sizes.

We have not ducks at home because they need water to be happy, says my husband and it's difficult to have enough water here on our hill. So, he never wanted to buy them.
From other side, they are as dogs, he says. Who will kill them than?

Specially I like Mandarinas and those other, similar, I forgot the name. Caroline, says my husband. The 2 last photos here. I don't know if somebody eats them. They are very beautiful to have near the house. There was a factory part for kids in Naples Zoo and there were these ducks. It could be real pleasure to have them in the yard...







8 comments:

Babs (Beetle) said...

So may different types! I think ducks are lovely creatures :O)

Liudmila said...

I like them too. I think, they are very interesting in the yard.

footiam said...

The male mandarin duck is the beautiful one and Chinsese often use the Mandarin ducks as symbols for lovers.

Liudmila said...

Ah so? It's interesting. The strange assotiation...

footiam said...

By the way, which one is ugly duckling?

Liudmila said...

I just wanted to write about it in the next post.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Those are all great looking ducks. We have never seen the one with the brown ring around his neck.

Liudmila said...

I was surprized too. We visit agricultural shows from time to time but I've never seen one like this.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog