Saturday 24 January 2009

How Pigeons Sleep

Красиво сидим!«Красиво сидим!» на Яндекс.Фотках

It is interesting to notice where the birds sleep in the town. We used to walk on the seaside of Salerno in the evening for some time. There are some big trees among all that incalculable plants there. These trees are preferite of the birds. Sparrows, I think. They were invisible in the night but they love to speak before they asleep. The noise they create with discussing their problems is so loud that it's unpossible to stay near these trees.

There are many rats in the streets of Salerno. They are not afraid of the persons and they know to walk from one tree to the other walking on the branches (we've seen it with our eyes), so I think the birds are afraid of the rats too.

By the way, I don't understand why they, rats, feel so good there because the town is clean enough and the municipality makes much tokill them. But...

Well, when I went to Salerno some days ago, I've seen an other place for overnight. Those were pigeons. They were sitting on the fence with more or less the same distance one from an other. And those on the "floor" slept too! I've never seen such a meeting in tis place. It's a preferite place for dog-owners and homeless persons (there is water there) and they come often to eat with their bags there.

4 comments:

footiam said...

There are many rats in the town here too. We need the Pipe Piper of Hamelin!

Liudmila said...

That's really true. These nimals have incredible capacity to survive in any place.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think we have mice visiting our house, but hopefully no rats!
--JB

Liudmila said...

Rats are very clever. Maybe they understand that they have not enter the living rooms. I lived once in a place where the rats felt very free to enter where they want, but I've never noticed them in MY room...

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog