Thursday 31 July 2008

Tragedy In The Sea

Pls visit my new site "Mystic Gemstones"

This day began with nice notices: Researchers found different new species of fish -a new catfish between them, an alive fish was found on the depth of 2300 meters (I think that meters),
in India were found new caecilias (photo in the bottom -more avout them in my post Mother-caecilia as film-star). Imagin, the man in the video I've seen tells that they, 2 caecilias, come to him, in his house and live now there.

But the bad notice made me very sad:
Federal officials in the U.S. have confirmed what biologists have long thought: The Caribbean monk seal has gone the way of the dodo.

Humans hunting the docile creatures for food, skins, and blubber left the population unsustainable, say biologists, who warn that Mediterranean and Hawaiian monk seals could be the next to go.

The last confirmed sighting of a wild Caribbean monk seal was in 1952 (NatGeographic)
I know, some of you will be really sad about it. JB for example that is always touched with tragedies of friends-animals . And I thought, that I have not to give all you this notice. But the very sad thoughts don't leave me: Till when will humans destroy everything around them?????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

liudmila, always sad to see an animal not able to survive on this vast resource-rich world we live in.

i met a young man this summer who is studying what most of us know as global warming. he said the density of fish at a certain level at sea (near the surface) has decreased 12% since 1978. the coral reefs are also melting like the ice caps and that is where most of the fish we know via sport and the dinner table inhabit.

i am sad for this and worried for my kids and their kids...so keep talking about this sweetie...

Liudmila said...

Thank you, PM, that you sostain me. I think about the next generations too. It's not only sad, it's terrible.

Sometimes there are articles that say these are only propaganda, but your friend confirms it from the "field", it's alive testimonial.

We HAVE to do something. At least what we can...

Babs (Beetle) said...

This is very tragic. When will we learn, that we alone are not the be-all and end-all of this world?

Liudmila said...

You sai very right words, Beetle. Fortunatelly it will happen after our death maybe, but I began to think we will be finish-all on this Earth once - if we will not be able to understand it.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog