Saturday 10 October 2009

How To "Fish" A Crab

кокосовый краб «кокосовый краб» на Яндекс.Фотках

This giant animal is Birgus latro, the coconut crab, called the robber crab or palm thief, I've seen only in the cartoons. On the photo you can see it is really very great.

When I had about 10-12 years, my father took us near the Black sea and I've seen there men that hunt the crabs with special sticks. They bound meat near these sticks and put them between the stones. Crabs came out to eat this food and the fishers took them with facility. I think now, the crabs did not understand that it is danger and the only thing they wanted to have that piece of meat. So they took it very fast and the fishers coud take the crabs without any effort. It was like this on the photo but the crabs were red, I remember:


Вышел погулять...

«Вышел погулять...» на Яндекс.Фотках

2 comments:

footiam said...

The crabs over here are different but delicious! Check http://steptpg.blogspot.com/2009/09/crab-feasts.html

Liudmila said...

Those were great crabs! So many of them live there in your sea?

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog