Sunday 30 March 2008

A Mann And A Bull

All the day of Saturday we passed in the agricultural show in Bastia Umbra (North of Italy if you see it from us). We go there sometimes, because we can go there and turn back in one day. There are 400 km one side. I wanted to write some posts about animals I saw there, and today I wanted to begin with this story that I hope you will like.

This beauty is a bull of a Chianina breed (breed from Chianin is better as a translation). It's a champion, and his master took him in the center of the place to attract persons to visit his agricultural farm. They are very popular now in Italy.


The man was sooo little near this beast, and you could not understand who allows him to stay here in center of the crowd with this potential bomb. Nobody of other cattlemen remained with their animals out of the special places. If they had, they took the animal away with all possible speed. But not this man.
There were so many persons there with little babies near them. Everybody was some afraid and stand about a meter far from them (as it could help, this meter if the bull wanted to do something).


But it was absolutely incredible to stay with them even some minute and to hear this man speaking with the bull and -the animal that did everything the man wanted from him. Like this:

- Look here, you stay too near to this line. It's not good. Go back! -and the bull makes a step back! -No, not so, more back, more, go! -and the bull makes a step back!!!


- He is so quite, I said, with all these persons.
- He is accustomed to stay with people all the day, answered the man, he is the main attraction of our farm.
- How old is he?
- 3 years.
- How many years can he live?
- I don't know. He is a champion and we will give him in the other farm now.


I could not resist to make a photo with this Power. Even if I was a little afraid the same. When I watched the photo now, I said, animals are incredibly tolerant with us. Imagine, everybody wants to touch him all the day, everybody makes photos... And he has so quiet "face".


Related posts:
Funny bull ?
What is "Bos"
Italian Cattle Breeds (second post about this agricultural show)

6 comments:

Admin said...

In some area of Indonesia,they have traditional cow racing, and they use cow to work at farm.

Liudmila said...

I know that in Alps there are Championships for cows every year too. They choose a Queen, there are great feasts too. My friend goes to see them but they are in autumn, I think and I've never visit them in that perod.

The cows are free to graze all the summer there and thez have verz special bells too. When you walk in the mountains, you hear this bells. I liked it very much.

footiam said...

What a big animal! We don't have that here.

Liudmila said...

I'm not sure, I think it's a breed for meat. There was an other breed very big too. I'm very busy now, but I'll try to write and post photos as soon as possible.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oooh, Liudmila! That is a huge bull! I have never seen such a big animal before. He looks a bit scary to me. Thanks for sharing!
--JB

Liudmila said...

Scary is not a good word, JB. ;) Near him you understand that you are so little and it's enough that he moves to crush you.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog