Tuesday 24 March 2009

Mole

The poor dead animal you see here we found today in the yard. Hardly was it killed by the cats because he had no one wound. The cats like to play with mices and lizards, but they eat mices and their theeth would leave traces. So, we decided the mole was dead for natural causes.

This one was surely adult. It was about 10 cm long. We have shrews too but they are similar to mices and are much more little.

I told you just that there are persons that pay fortunes to have a moleskin coats. I did not touched THIS animal, but once we had an alive one and I took it in the hands. Splendid fur! And you can imagin it looking at it on the photo.

I was surprized to see it's tail, you know. And I thought about an other thing: Did you hear about chiromansy (so?)? Look at the "hand" of the mole.
And at it's nails!


4 comments:

footiam said...

We don't have moles over here and I think i would like to hold them in my hands!

Liudmila said...

The sensation is very nice when you touch the fur. But the mouth can bite...

Babs (Beetle) said...

We have a lot of moles here and they can really make a mess of your garden if they decide to live under it! You don't often see them because they live underground :O)

Liudmila said...

It's a tragedy for my garden, these sympatic beasts. And there are rats and shrows more... Ahhh... I bought gladioluses today but will plant them in the vases on the terrass

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog