Wednesday 11 March 2009

Reptilias



This is one of the 2 species of the lizards that live near our house. When you see this video you think it is a nice, maybe even cute animal. But it is not so, I assure you. Do you know that the lizards bite persons? We did not know it too.

My mother-in-law came to us one day and was in the yard. After a while she ran home and cryed: "You have to take me to the doctor, I'm dieing! One terrible lizard jumped on me and bit me many times! It was surely rabid!" She is a particular character, we looked at her sooo, but took her to the meditian. Imagine what he thought when he heard these complaints.

But some time later a lizard bit my husband. And than me too.

The lizards enter the hous and sometimes remain to live here. They change the color and become white. So, that you cannot distinguish them. Specially when somebody is like me that do not see good.

Once I wanted to open the window that was closed for the night. I don't see what I do, and than it's not necessary to look if you know where and what is situated. So I put the hand behind the curtains and... somebody bit me. Not as a dog, clearly, but perceptibly. I looked behind the curtains to know what is happend and saw a big lizard there. That was in the position: if you touch me you will see what I'll do with you!!!

I had tracks of his teeth (I don't know but am sure that it was a male because it was big and very serious) for much time than.

6 comments:

footiam said...

We have lizards here that sticks to the wall of our house but they don;t bit.

Liudmila said...

I don't know why they did it -I think it happend all in the same year. Who knows, maybe the sun was shining too hard and they felt hot... ;-)

Babs (Beetle) said...

Oh how strange! I expect they bite if they are scared and think they are in danger.

Liudmila said...

In my case it was surely so: the lizard was in the corner, this specie is not nocturnal and it was dark in that room. So he sees a hand enter suddenly in the place where he is hidden for the night.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh my gosh, you posted about lizards too! You have those where you live? I bet the cats do like to play with them!
--JB

Liudmila said...

Oh, cats have great joy to live here. Poor lizards! The mices they eat at least, but with the lizards they only play. We have all the soil covered with the corps here in summer.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog