Friday 1 February 2008

Did you know about Glyptodon?

These photos are from Wikipedia

It was the first time in my life that I saw this animal and share my astonishment with you. This is a pre-historical mammal. Look at the picture in the bottom to see how big it was! In Wikipedia I found great articles in all languages about it.

What I heard in TV is that it was like Logo. His shell was made from pieces. And he had not to be flexible enough as armadillo. He lived in pampas till about 10 000 years ago, and the aborigenes say, they fables remember, they hunted him and used his shell for household. So, the picture is historically right. The only thing is he could maybe have a proboscis like elephant.

How ingenious is the nature!

And here you can see them how they moved:

Effettua la registrazione a PayPal e inizia ad accettare pagamenti tramite carta di credito immediatamente.

6 comments:

footiam said...

Oh! This is really something new to me! It looks like a tortoise, fish and rat!

Liudmila said...

:)))
you are right. So strange being. I don't understand how could it survive till the humans appear.

footiam said...

Oh, Many animals become extinct because of human beings. Someday, human beings himself will become extinct because of human beings!

Liudmila said...

It's really so. It's a fate. I'm happy I will be not alive in that time.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I wonder if the armadillo is related somehow?
--JB

Liudmila said...

Yes, they are relatives, if I remember good.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog