Sunday 10 February 2008

Irina looks for a kitten

Irina is my friend and ex-pupil. She loves cats from her childhood and had always some of them in the house. As I know, she had special relations with the cats and they were never toys for here, even when she was a little girl.

Today she is great, has own family, own house but... no one cat. They moved different times in the last years, and they had not possibility to think about animals. That is why she visits sites where she can find kittens for sale in this period.

Sincerely, I thought, she will adopt the first kitten she finds in the street, but somebody told her about maine coon cats. I did not know about this cat breed till she said me about. So I wanted to find more info and read that it's one of the largest breeds between domestic cats. When I saw photos, I understood my friend. Not only they are large and have from 6 to 12 kg and are till 1 m long (double all the flexibility, mildness and rumbling of the cat you have now). They have long, dense fur and a mane similar to a lion.
What can you desire from a cat more?

That is why she looks now only for maine coon cats for sale. Now I envy her because I have not this possibility to add other animals to the zoo we have in our house. It could be so incredibly to have so great and mild feline with me!

4 comments:

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I hope your friend adopts a homeless cat who really needs a good home. It is sad when cats have no real home.
--JB

Liudmila said...

You are right, dear JB, but stray cats don't feel uncomfortable, I think. And maybe love their life. I see MY cats, that are stray pratically. They come to me to stay near the fire or when it rains, to take a tasty piece, but they don't want to live with us as domestic cats.

By the way, those incredibly cats that you have, aren't they main coon too?

Unknown said...

Maine Coon cats are exceptionally beautiful, I'd love one but I doubt my fur-kid, Fran, would approve! As she can't stand other cats, but is fascinated by dogs, we're soon adding an ex-racing greyhound to our little family.

This is lovely Blog :)

Best Wishes,
Zathyn

Liudmila said...

Thank you, I'm happy that people like this my blog! :)))

I've seen greyhounds in the dog-show that we visited often before. But I think they are too speedy. Are you sure, you can run together with him so much as he needs? ;))

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog