Monday 4 February 2008

Snakes

Danger! Don't click! Alive Snakes Here:

Exotic Pet Shop


Photo

You can sentence and condemn me, but I don't like snakes.

They live here together with me (and with scorpions too), but I don't like them.
Once I killed one little black snake and I don't like me for this gesture, once I saved one yellow snake, many times I told to different persons that they have not kill poor snakes... but I don't like them the same.

And maybe for this reason I wrote here about them many times.
Animals of Campania. Snakes
Anaconda and great snakes -part 1
Anaconda and Reticulated Python
Giant spitting cobra found
The luckiest cat of the world

Today I want to write a sort of summary about snakes.

Did you know that
>snakes live in any climate and soil on the Earth?

>More than 2500 species, 55 of them live in sea, one of them is "flying" (from one tree to the other).

>Every of them has optimal length and own optimal t°. More is it long (the snake), more fast is absorption of heat.

>they are the most efficient predators on the Earth

>The form of the body depends on the soil where the snake lives.

>Some of them can move with the speed 24 km/h -faster than the man, make 20 m in one jump and rise 1/3 of the body even in movement (mamba black that can bite the face of a man standing in feet)

>they can have from 100 to 600 ribs

>and they lived just 250 mln of years ago -when dinosaurs lived!
(buy any species of python and other snakes and reptiles)

Second Photo from Flickr of dansar

Danger! Don't click! Alive Snakes Here:

Exotic Pet Shop


Effettua la registrazione a PayPal e inizia ad accettare pagamenti tramite carta di credito immediatamente.

8 comments:

footiam said...

I don't like snake also. It reminds me of a fallen angel! By the way, snakes cannot be found in New Zealand.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That is one big snake in your first photo! I don't like snakes either, i think. I know my mom does not like snakes at all......
--JB

Liudmila said...

What I found about snakes in New Zeland: there are snakes in New Zealand, and in Hawaii. Sea snakes are quite common on both archipeligo. There are however no land snakes. (source)
And in Ireland too.(Snakes, being cold-blooded animals, simply aren't able to survive in areas where the ground is frozen year round.)
Snakes first evolved from their lizard forebears about 100 million years ago during the late Cretaceous period, about the same time that Tyrannosaurus rex first appeared. ...Ancient snake fossils are found only on southern continents, suggesting that snakes first radiated from Gondwanaland source

Liudmila said...

Sincerely, JB, the first photo was about paranormal events (I like these stories). And nobody knows, if it is a real alive being or it's the author's joke.

I try to educate me to accept these beings too. We have to, I think. They have the same right to be loved as we have... ;(((

footiam said...

Oh! I didn't know about sea snakes in New Zealand. Thanks for the information

Liudmila said...

I'll say it only to you... Don't tell anybody about it...: I didn't know about it. I knew sooo little about snakes... So all I wrote here is completely new for me. :)))

Anonymous said...

Snakes can be good too. I happen to live with 30 of them and all this stuff you are talking about may be true but not about all snakes.UNLESS A SNAKE IS HARMING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE...DO NOT MESS WITH IT!!

Liudmila said...

Oh, you are the corageous person! You are right, I had never the possibility to live with snakes as friends. I only try to respect them and I feel bad if I see or know that somebody kills them. Specially one that could survive till 2 meters long body (presume it shows their age too). I think it's they are animals as all us, why they have not the right to live as we live?

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog