Saturday 13 October 2007

Great Notice: chinese tiger founded!

It was photographed on October 3, a young wild South China tiger. One of the world's 10 most endangered animals.

The last wild South China tiger sighting was in 1964. Nobody has seen a wild animal for more than 20 years. There are about 68 of them in zoos and, experts thought, about 20-30 in the wild. There were 4000 tigers in 1950-th, but Mao Zedung did not love them and ...

This tiger (
Panthera tigris amoyensis) is one of the world's smallest (2.5 m long from head to tail, 150 kg) and the only chinese native tiger.

WWF says, they are functionally extinct because there is neither habitat no pray left.

That is why this notice is really great! Maybe now Chinese government will do something for them as they did for pandas.

Photo from the site of WWF

See my posts
"Tigers in the web"
"Once more about tigers"
"Siberian Tiger"too.

4 comments:

footiam said...

Dear Luidmila, the other day, a friend forwarded me ten of the world most endangered animals. One of the ten, I have posted in my beautiful world, under the title, Check Mate. I am not sure if the Chnese tiger is in. Can you include a picture of the chinese tiger here? I have deleted the article my friend sent me but I do think i still have some of the pictures of the endangered animals. Anyway, that could be old news before the chinese tiger is rediscovered. The world is every changing. Nothing is permanent! I should include this in my blog Impermanent world!

Liudmila said...

The photo of the wild tiger ridiscovered was made by a paesant on October 3, and I read the notice yesterday.You are more near to the place ;))) so for you it's an old notice, right.

I hope the photo from the WWF site has to be a real photo of the specie. I will try to make comparative post about tigers, but I am not a biologist. I know only the different species have different pics on their fell and maybe different "faces".

Will see today to do it.

Terry said...

That is wonderful news when a previously believed extinct animal re-surfaces in the wild.

It's such a shame that human beings seem to be on a path of relentless destruction of the planet that is our home and that one day, if this does not stop, there will be nothing left but concrete.

Terry

Liudmila said...

I'm completly agree with you, Terry, The religions or the scientists and the smoke of great money made we, humans, think we are the top of creation. And as this we do all possible to cut the branch on that we are sitting.

Europeans seem to begin to understand it after all the wild was distructed, but there are many other poor nations coming on the top of the hystory. And till they begin to understand something the world will be completly distructed. I think.

This is why, as for me, is very important, that the governments of so great nations as China, Brasile, India, different nations in Africa here our voices.

That is why we have to help them with all our possibilities. Even writing our comments in their posts in their blogs. To give them know, they are not alone.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog