Saturday 24 November 2007

Flying Manta Rays

I like to see photos of flying rays. There is something incredible in them. Something that is similar to "Jurasic Park", isn't it?

There is a new collection of photos in "Daily Mail" in the post
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a flying mobula ray soaring high off the Mexican shore
They come from the Sea of Cortez/Mexico. The Family Mobulidae there has 4 members + Manta Rays. Those jumps can reach 2 meters high.

Incredible, heh?

Related post:
Flying sting-ray

2 comments:

BoGDan said...

It's the first time I come across these animals. They do look like Jurassic Park figures. It's truly fascinating how some of these friends managed to adapt both to air and water. Glad to hear about them.

Liudmila said...

:))) When I wrote the first post about them it was completely new and surprizing for me too. That is why I write about animals with so great love: it's a world that never finish to delight you.

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog