Saturday 1 December 2007

Taking life of animals

These are words from the book telling us what was happend with Buddha. I'm sure that I could find something like this in Bible and in other Holy Books. The problem is I don't know them good enough. I wanted to add words from other religions here.
I think you understand my comments are not necessary.

One day, while the Buddha was staying in Jetavana,
some bhikkhus asked him if there was any benefit
in sacrificing goats, sheep, and other animals as offerings for departed relatives.

"No, bhikkhus," replied the Buddha.

"No good ever comes from taking life,

not even when it is for the purpose of providing a Feast for the Dead."
Then he told this story of the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liudmila,
We were tagged, and are passing it along to you. You can pick up the details of the tag at http://wildcatsthree.blogspot.com

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog