Thursday 6 December 2007

Gigant jellyfish



Some time ago I wrote about Jellyfish for the first time Incredible news from Nothern Ireland. Today I found an other interesting specie of this incredible -for me- being. I know them from my childhood, when my parents went with as to the Black sea for vacations. Sometimes we found jellyfishes there. They were strange things and we were sure that if you triturate them with the stones of the beach, they will go out till tomorrow as Fenix, new and alive.

In Italy I've seen jellyfishes too. They were not without colors as those in the Black sea, but dark-purple. But the biggest were not larger as 20-30 cm.

Here you see gigant jellyfishes (Nemopilema nomurai) that live in China's Yangtze River Delta and come from time to time till Japanese sea. Those are about 2 m large and weigh about 220 kg.There are not so many notices about "bad" relations with humans (the rare case when we really have to see where we put our feet :)) ) but they choking fishing nets and poisoning the catch with their toxic stingers and provoke crisis for fishing industries.

2 comments:

Aleksa said...

OH , my God! It is so dangerous! I don't want to meet one.

Liudmila said...

It's really dangerous. To kill millions of fishes! Worse as snakes!

Subscribe ping fast  my blog, website, or RSS feed for Free

Search This Blog